The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) today announced the Top 12 finalists in the fifth annual SEMA Battle of the Builders competition, the event that determines the builder the aftermarket community considers best.
The 2018 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition began with more than 300 vehicles entered into the annual competition by vehicle builders and car customizers from across the United States. These builders represent an elite group of individuals who have demonstrated extreme talent, creativity and craftsmanship in modifying cars, trucks, and SUVs.
The 2018 Battle of the Builders Top 12 finalists are:
- Dale Boesch – 1936 Ford Roadster
- Phil & Jeremy Gerber – 1970 Chevy Camaro
- Kyle Tucker – 1969 Chevy Camaro
- Rod Nielsen – 1972 Mazda R100
- Igor Polishchuk – 1987 BMW 325
- Muzzy Yousefi – 2004 Nissan 350Z
- Jason Graham – 1934 Ford Pickup
- Eddie Pettus – 1932 Willys Aircraft Refueling Truck
- Jeremiah Proffitt – 1993 Toyota 79 Series
- Dylan Goacher – 1968 Chevy Nova
- Kyle Kuhnhausen – 1972 Datsun 240Z
- Zach Lagarenne – 1988 BMW M3
Industry experts narrowed the field to select the top 12 finalists, who will now judge one another on Friday at the SEMA Show and vote to determine who will be named the Ultimate Builder of the 2018 SEMA Battle of the Builders.
The SEMA Battle of the Builders winner will be announced at SEMA Ignited, taking place after the trade-only SEMA Show closes, on Friday, November 2, from 3-10 pm , in the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC) Platinum Lot, located on the east side of LVCC (on Swenson Street, between Desert Inn Road and Sierra Vista Drive). Hundreds of vehicles will exit the Las Vegas Convention Center after the SEMA Show for the SEMA Cruise and make their way to SEMA Ignited. Formula Drift demonstrations, exhibitors, products and celebrities from the SEMA Show will be on-hand along with food trucks, music and entertainment.
SEMA Ignited is open to the public and allows enthusiasts a chance to see many of the industry’s latest in automotive accessories on many of the 2018 SEMA Show vehicles that were on display during the 2018 SEMA Show.