RPM Training is presenting its 3-day Service, Management And Results Training (SMART) Course for automotive service professionals in Vancouver this June.
The course is being presented June 25, 26, 27 2019
A Certificate of Completion is provided.
Venue: THE WESTIN WALL CENTRE, VANCOUVER AIRPORT, 3099 Corvette Way Richmond, British Columbia, Canada,
Trainer: Murray Voth, firstname.lastname@example.org 604-786-9049
June 25 – Day One: What We Sell Disappears – Capturing What We Sell
1. Introduction – What Is Good Customer Service? 9:00 – 10:30
– What is the Purpose and Role of the Service Advisor?
– What is good customer service? Learn how to listen and serve well, to manage and exceed expectations and create referrals. Outcome: Referrals grow your business.
2. Managing the Paper and Communication Flow 10:45 – 12:15
– What are the best practices to keep the doctors working with the patients? – Learn how write up procedures and how to use systems build relationships. – You’ll also learn how to rely on written or digital communication rather than on verbal. Outcome: Adding one billed hour per technician per day will do a lot for your bottom line. Good communication keeps clients happy.
3. Scheduling – Creating a Professional Practice 13:00 – 14:30
– A technician waiting for service advisors and parts is one of the biggest time losers to an automotive business. Another is customers who are late for appointments or don’t even show up. Learn systems that prevent these events from occurring. Outcome: Reducing your and your client’s stress and improving your profits.
4. Dispatching – Analogue and Digital Work Flow 14:45 – 17:00
– When a team cannot see at a glance what the workflow is like, they tend to act as individuals. Learn a dispatching system that keeps the team on the same page. Outcome: Customer vehicles are completed on time, helping us keep our commitments.
June 26 – Day Two: What is A Fair Price? – Managing What We Sell
5. Client Consultation Process – Overcoming the Negative 9:00–10:30
– How do you make customers feel better about what they’ve bought? Learn the 8 commandments of consultation and how to help customers understand the value of maintenance. Outcome: Have more customers want to pay for your services and understand and appreciate what they have spent their money on.
6. Measuring and Managing Service and Parts 10:45 – 12:15
– Guides, Margins and Matrixes. Learn about labour guides, creating good estimates, improve parts and tire margins using matrixes. You’ll also learn about materials, consumables and hazardous waste disposal. Outcome: Improve overall gross profit and net profit.
7. Creating Productivity & Efficiency in Time and Money 13:00 – 14:30
– Industry is beginning to measure the time sold. Learn how to do that and also learn systems to capture the time not sold. Outcome: Team members will be able to use time wisely and bill customers fairly, keeping our service rates down.
8. Getting Paid For Testing – Throw Out The Magic Wand 14:45–17:00
– Making Diagnosis Tangible – You are investing thousands of dollars a year in technician training and diagnostic equipment. Learn how to get paid for your investment. Outcome: Have confidence in charging properly for testing.
June 27 – Day 3: What is Good Value? – Managing the Vehicle
9. Inspections – The Doctor is In! 9:00 – 10:30
– The inspection is the foundation of all vehicle maintenance and client decisions. Learn how our technicians are the doctors of the industry. Outcome: Be able to understand the best inspection process and how it informs your clients’ decisions.
10. Maintenance Programs-Planting A Crop for the Future! 10:45–12:15 – Learn how to reduce the peaks and valleys of your business. Outcome: Be able to prebook appointments to help clients plan and budget, and even out the shop business cycles.
11. The 400% Rule – The Deferred work cycle. 13:00 – 14:30
– Learn how to look after the vehicle by keeping good records. Outcome: Clients feel like you have their best interests at heart, and keep being loyal.
12. Conclusion – How To Make These Changes Stick! 14:45 – 17:00 – Learn the order of implementation. Outcome: Attendees will leave with action steps and commitments to implementation.