The Automotive Industries Association of Canada has published a new report detailing the impact of multiple factors on Canada’s mechanical repair sector.
The Mechanical Repair Sector Landscape – 2022 report looks at the impact over the past two years of factors including the COVID-19 pandemic, supply chain disruptions, the war in Eastern Europe and other factors with long and short term implications, including:
- Inflation and rising gas prices
- Changes in driving habits, post-pandemic
- The impact of EVs and advances in vehicle technology
- Improved vehicle quality and dependability
- Technician shortage and the right to repair
In addition to providing statistics on the size and structure of the Canadian aftermarket, the Mechanical Repair Sector Landscape – 2022 report examines the disruptive factors and explores how they have the potential to create both threats and opportunities for the industry and for AIA Canada members.