UAP has announced that the NAPA AUTOPRO scholarships program for Quebec students is returning in 2020 for a fourth consecutive year.
Last December, a call for nominations was sent to educational institutions across Quebec offering professional training courses in automotive mechanics and service advising. NAPA AUTOPRO will be offering 20 scholarships valued at $1,000 each to inspire and financially support aspiring mechanics.
The entire team hopes to encourage these students during their studies so they can meet the hiring needs of service centres.
In 2019, 11 automotive mechanics students were awarded a scholarship:
• Michel Beaulieu, CFP Saint-Jérôme
• Éric Després, CFP L’Envol, Carleton-sur-Mer
• Hugo Doucette, CFP WICC (West Island Career Centre)
• Medhi Harraq, CFP Verdun
• Sébastien Jeanson, EPSH (École professionnelle de Saint-Hyacinthe)
• Sabrina Lejeune, CFP Portneuf
• Angélique Marquis, CFP Verdun
• David Mercier-Quirion, CFP Wilbrod-Bherer, Quebec City
• Yannick Michaud, CFRN Rimouski-Neigette
• Étienne Pineau, CFRN Rimouski-Neigette
• Roxanne Tremblay, CFEM Saguenay
Nine of the winners were in attendance to receive their scholarships at the NAPA XPO Sale 2019, held at the Palais des congrès de Montréal last September.
“In addition to the scholarship program, NAPA AUTOPRO service centres offer unique work opportunities throug internships. These shops are genuine laboratories for auto mechanics enthusiasts. Interns have the chance to work on all kinds of car makes and models, including luxury cars,” says Alain Primeau, Regional Vice President, NAPA
Students who wish to apply for a NAPA AUTOPRO scholarship must submit their application through their educational institution by April 30.