The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company is drawing attention to two new tires for the growing last-mile delivery sector: the new Endurance RSA ULT and Fuel Max RSA ULT.
The offerings were the focus at this year’s Technology & Maintenance Council Annual Meeting in Orlando, Fla., and Work Truck Week summit in Indianapolis, Ind.
With the fuel-efficient Fuel Max RSA and the “Electric Drive Ready” Endurance RSA ULT – Goodyear’s first tire equipped for the higher load capacity of electric commercial vehicles – Goodyear aims to meet growing demand trends within the last-mile delivery segment driven by e-commerce, as well as fleets’ cost-savings and sustainability goals.
“As electrification shapes the future of the trucking industry and the last-mile delivery market accelerates at a rapid pace, we’re relentlessly innovating as we develop new tires to help fleets meet evolving expectations,” said Jessica Julian, product marketing manager at The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company.
“The launch of the fuel-saving Fuel Max RSA and EV-ready Endurance RSA underscores Goodyear’s commitment to offering specialized tires for every application so companies can find the right solution for their fleets.”
Compatible with EV and gas- or diesel-powered work vehicles, the Endurance RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 17.5-inch all-position tire for last-mile delivery vehicles, pickup trucks and light trucks.
The Endurance RSA ULT is equipped to handle the higher load capacities of EVs and is the first commercial tire stamped with Goodyear’s “Electric Drive Ready” designation or badge.
Endurance RSA ULT features advanced technologies to deliver durability, traction and longer miles to removal
- IntelliMax Rib Technology stiffens tire tread, resulting in longer tread life for more deliveries
- New tread geometry applied to the bottom of the grooves helps reduce stress and casing damage
- Deep, open zig-zag tread pattern with stone-penetration protectors help enhance traction and resist stone retention on urban streets
- Aggressive tread design with mud and snow (M+S) and three-peak mountain snowflake (3PMSF) designations helps improve performance in challenging winter driving conditions
- Premium casing provides toughness and durability from curbing for maximum retread-ability
Goodyear’s Endurance RSA 17.5-inch ULT will be available in Q2 2022 in 215/75R17.5 size. Additional sizes will be added mid-2022.
Fuel Max RSA ULT
Fuel Max RSA ULT is Goodyear’s premium 19.5-inch regional pickup and delivery-combination commercial tire. Balancing traction, fuel efficiency and mileage, the new tire features:
- Goodyear’s Fuel Max Technology, a tread compound that offers low rolling resistance for better fuel efficiency, which helps deliver longer wear and lowers cost per mile
- M+S and 3PMSF designations for all-season traction, including in the winter
- New enhanced casing providing durability and maximizing retread-ability
Goodyear’s Fuel Max RSA 19.5-inch ULT is available now in sizes 225/70R19.5 and 245/70R19.5 for regional, pickup and delivery, last-mile delivery, emergency response and electric utility applications.
These latest tire innovations from Goodyear are part of Goodyear’s Total Mobility solutions of trusted products, premier service network and complete tire management solutions. For more information, visit Goodyeartrucktires.com.
About The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio, and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg, strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry.
For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.