The motorsports industry’s best products were honoured at the 33rd annual Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show in Indianapolis earlier this month.
In all, nearly 30 exceptional parts and accessories were recognized by a panel of 12 judges representing traditional and new media, as well as sanctioning bodies and race tracks, from more than 340 entries in the PRI Show’s popular Featured Products Showcase. Entries are submitted by PRI exhibitors throughout the year and are displayed in a dedicated area of Lucas Oil Stadium during the Show.
This year’s Featured Product Awards judging, which took place on day one (December 9) of the three-day Show, identified outstanding products across eight separate categories—Accessory, Chassis, Drivetrain, Engine, In-Vehicle/Electronic/Telemetry, Race Fluid, Shop Equipment, and Suspension—along with Judge’s Pick for overall excellence.
“There were lots of great new products, but (Turbosmart’s StraightGate 50) stood out to me because I have a newfound understanding of why it’s important,” said Alex Taylor, a popular social media personality who builds cars and drag races and served as one of this year’s judges. “With the precision and consistency that the StraightGate50 would allow, I can see it being a game-changer.”
Others agreed, as three more judges—Chad Reynolds from BangShift, Kevin Wells from Formula Drift, and Mike Galimi from ProMedia—also selected the StraightGate50 as their Judge’s Pick for 2021.
A total of 25 PRI exhibitors received either a Judge’s Pick or a Category Award through the program. The complete list of winners is below and can also be found on the PRI website, with additional information about the Featured Product Awards.
Best Accessory Product
• Fastway Trailer Products, FLASH Integrated Scale Ball Mount
• RaceQuip, FIA Composite Full Containment Seats
• VP Racing Fuels Inc, VP Trigger Hose
Best Chassis Product
• PE Racing, PE Mounting Clamps
• Verkline, Front Lightweight Tubular Subframe Mercedes-AMG GT GT S GT C GT R Pro
• Verkline, Full suspension set bundle – Toyota GR Yaris
Best Drivetrain Product
• PEM Racing, PEM Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
• Sonnax, 4L80-E, 4L85-E Heavy Duty Input Shaft
• Speedway Motors, Premium Lightweight Quick Change Gear Sets
Best Engine Product
• AWA Forged Composites, Composite Lifters
• Billet Connection – Clear View Filtration, Clear View Filtration’s New Billet Dry Sump Tanks
• Turbosmart, Electronic StraightGate 50
Best In-Vehicle/Electronic/Telemetry Product
• FuelTech ECU, FT550 EFI System
• HP Tuners, MPVI2+
• Intercomp, RFX Wireless Suspension Load Stick
• VBOX Motorsport, VBOX Video HD Lite
Best Race Fluid
• Engine Ice, Engine Ice High Performance Snowmobile and Winter Coolant and Antifreeze
• VP Racing Fuels Inc., Speed Sauce
• Wilwood Disc Brakes, XR Racing Brake Fluid
Best Shop Equipment
• Blue Demon Welding Products, BlueArc 140MSI MIG-STICK Inverter Machine
• Lincoln Electric, Square Wave TIG 200 TIG Welder
• United Race Parts, Tire Scraper
Best Suspension Product
• Intercomp, RFX Wireless Suspension Load Stick
• QA1, C5/C6 MOD Series Coil-Overs
• QA1, GM 2.0 Control Arms
• AWA Forged Composites, Composite Lifters – awarded by Garrett Reed, Americanmusclehd
• Blue Demon Welding Products, BlueArc 140MSI MIG-STICK Inverter Machine – awarded by Joe Skotnicki, Race of Champions
• EAT SLEEP RACE, 123 Count with Car Parts Book – awarded by Wes Buck, Drag Illustrated
• Flagtronics by Ballenger Motorsports, Flagtronics FT200 Kit – awarded by J.A. Ackley, Outside Groove
• FUELAB, 40501 Brushless Spur Gear 6GPM – awarded by Chris Blair, World Wide Technology Raceway
• FUELAB, 40501 Brushless Spur Gear 6GPM – awarded by David Kennedy, NHRA
• ProCharger Supercharger Systems, CrankDrive™ F-4X-140 – awarded by Brian Dunlap, World Racing Group
• RaceQuip, RaceQuip PRO20 Carbon Fiber Top-Air – awarded by Karl Fredrickson, Speedway Illustrated
• Turbosmart, Electronic StraightGate 50 – awarded by Alex Taylor, Alex Taylor Racing
• Turbosmart, Electronic StraightGate 50 – awarded by Chad Reynolds, BangShift
• Turbosmart, Electronic StraightGate 50 – awarded by Kevin Wells, Formula Drift
• Turbosmart, Electronic StraightGate 50 – awarded by Mike Galimi, ProMedia
About Performance Racing Industry
Performance Racing Industry fuels the passion for motorsports by building, promoting, and protecting the worldwide racing community. PRI supports the interests of racers, enthusiasts, builders, tracks, sanctioning bodies, and businesses through legislative action and advocacy, its monthly business magazine Performance Racing Industry, and the world’s premier auto racing trade show, the PRI Trade Show. PRI also supports businesses by providing market research, education, and best practices in motorsports business and racing technology.
For more information, visit PerformanceRacing.com.