Dorman Products, Inc. announced the release of 445 new auto parts, including 198 new-to-the-aftermarket parts that advance the company’s mission to give repair professionals and vehicle owners greater freedom to fix a wide range of cars and trucks.
Dorman continues to provide consumers an aftermarket choice for common failures on millions of vehicles. November’s new solutions include direct-replacement engine fuel lines (904-008 and 904-011) for over 13 million high-mileage Chevrolet and GMC vehicles, and a lower intake manifold (615-914) designed to replace the original manifold on almost nine million Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Ram models equipped with specified V6 engines.
Already a leader in the aftermarket for labour-saving flexible stainless steel braided fuel lines, Dorman is introducing coverage this month for over two million Chevrolet and GMC pickups and SUVs. Routing factory-style rigid fuel lines under a vehicle can be difficult and time-consuming. The new OE FIX flexible fuel line (819-821) is manufactured to vehicle-specific length and includes brackets and factory connectors.
Jeep owners should welcome a new OE FIX steering wobble repair kit (SWS96285RD) engineered to help ensure more predictable and consistent on-road steering performance on over 600,000 select Wrangler models.
Owners of that popular SUV who regularly venture off-road love the strength and precise steering articulation of the Wrangler’s solid front axle.
Off the trail, though, ordinary potholes or uneven pavement can sometimes provoke a sudden and strong oscillation in the steering system.
This “Jeep wobble” is typically the result of a road shock transmitted to the steering wheel through worn components in the original front suspension.
This OE FIX solution includes upgraded, serviceable ball joints, a heavy-duty steering damper, a track bar relocation bracket to help correct the original suspension geometry, quick-disconnect sway bar links for maximum off-road steering articulation, and the hardware needed to clear larger tires on Wranglers with up to 4” of lift.
Other highlights from this month’s new product announcement include:
- An OE FIX 4WD manual locking hub assembly (600-204XD) for 1.2 million aging Ford and Lincoln SUVs.
- A front air deflector (927-311) for 1.6 million late-model Chevy Silverado 1500 pickup trucks.
- A convenient exhaust manifold hardware kit (675-223) for select Ford Super Duty pickups equipped with 6.7L diesel engines.
- A rugged windshield washer fluid reservoir (603-581) for specified GM vehicles, replacing an original reservoir that may be prone to cracking.
- A fuel filter hose (904-399) with all the hardware necessary for installation on select aging Chevy and GMC vehicles.
- A rear brake backing plate for late-model Ram 1500 pickup trucks (924-235) designed to protect braking systems from debris and corrosive elements.
- A transmission oil cooler line (624-750) for high-mileage Ford Escape and Mercury Mariner models.
To sign up to receive all of Dorman’s new product announcements directly every month, visit DormanProducts.com/signup.
To learn more about Dorman, take the Dorman Virtual Tour at DormanProducts.com/tour.
Note: Vehicle-in-Operation (VIO) information in this press release is based on Dorman’s analysis of third-party reports.