The Automotive Industries Association of Canada has announced that it is launching the Automotive Service Associate Program (ASAP) in 2019.
The move is significant in that shops will be able to sign up directly as program participants in a way they have not been able to in the past, although there have been a succession of programs through the years to include shops, mostly delivered through regional associations and committees, and through learning events such as the Knowledge Exchange Series.
- technical expertise on vehicle reprogramming;
- a national shop finder service;
- specific shop-level research;
- input to provincial and national issues facing the industry;
- access to AutoConnex, a database of industry jobs, compensation information, career profiles, educational resources, etc; and
- e-communications and other news on suppliers, equipment and training.